Monday, November 12, 2012

Russ and Daughters

In NYC decided to check a restaurant to do off my list-- the fabled Russ and Daughters. I wish I had three stomachs because everything looked so good. If you want the quintessential Jewish deli experience this is the place to go.

I decided on the pastrami Russ-- pastrami cured salmon with sauerkraut and spicy mustard on a bagel. It was so good I basically licked the paper when I was done.

My only regret is that I didn't have more room so I could stop next door and get a knish from Yonah Schimmel's knishery. Oh well. Next time New York.

Great food this trip readers-- once Justin forwards me the menu from the place we ate at last night I'll fill you in on the delicious cheese soaked wonder that was our dinner (spoiler-- it includes beef hearts and avocado potato salad.)


Check out Russ and Daughters yourself-- 179 East Houston Street. New York, NY 10002. It's worth the trip.

1 comment:

  1. We just walked by this today, but sadly it was closed. We checked out Katz's a few stores over, but everyone was full from Thanksgiving and the bagels left were looking lonely in their case so no one bought anything. Too bad because now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete